Passionate pet owners always look for pets that are not only eye-catching but come with a lot of perks and quirks. This is one of the many reasons why many dedicated dog owners lean towards adopting Pitbulls rather than regular Labradors or Retrievers. India has also seen the popularity of this dog breed increasing steadily in recent times.
American Pitbull is a medium sized domestic dog with a short coat and well defined muscle structure. Their eyes are usually almond shaped with small to medium length ears. The tails of American Pitbulls are quite thick with tapering points. The American Dog Breeders Association needs the Pitbull coat to be stiff, glossy, smooth and short. They come in a lot of colors in many patterns. However, merle is a color that is not recognised by both ADBA and UKC. Surprisingly this breed is banned in many places in Australia and even has mandatory sterilization imposed on their heads when adopted. Pitbulls are very confident, big people pleasers while being very enthusiastic and intelligent. They are also very agile and sturdy. They are best suited to be house dogs instead of guard dogs as they get friendly and playful even with strangers. Therefore they make very good playmates for kids. However despite these ultimate pros that dog owners always look for, American Pitbulls are not really in a huge demand in India and their popularity can only be defined as “subpar”.
There are a number of reasons that cause this little unfortunate balance. But fear not, today you’ll be guided by everything you need to know about adopting an American Pitbull, what to do after adopting an American Pitbull, all the pros and cons, with expense details and so on. You name it, you’ll find it. So buckle up! It’s going to be a ride!
|BREED||American Pitbull Terrier|
|ORIGIN||United States of America|
|LIFE SPAN||12 to 14 years|
|LITTER SIZE||4 to 8 puppies|
|COAT||Shiny, smooth, short and glossy|
|COLOR||Almost all except for Merle|
|TEMPERAMENT||Gentle, enthusiastic, friendly, intelligent, loyal etc|
|HEIGHT||45cm to 53cm for males and 43cm to 50cm for females.|
|WEIGHT||15.8kg to 27.2kg for males and 13.6kg to 22.6kg for females.|
|American Pitbull Price In India||10,000 to 80,000 INR|
Table of Contents
PRICE OF AMERICAN PITBULL IN INDIA
Let’s take a look at the following price list of American Pitbulls charged by breeders in different cities of India.
PRICE LIST OF AMERICAN PITBULLS IN DIFFERENT CITIES OF INDIA
|CITY||PRICE OF BREED (₹)|
|MUMBAI||45,000 - 80,000|
|DELHI||40,000 - 75,000|
|LUCKNOW||50,000 - 70,000|
|KOLKATA||45,000 - 80,000|
|JAIPUR||50,000 - 78,000|
|KERALA||55,000 - 76,500|
|PUNJAB||47,000 - 75,000|
|CHANDIGARH||50,000 - 80,000|
|BANGALORE||40,000 - 80,000|
|HYDERABAD||45,000 - 72,000|
- PRICE IN MUMBAI – American Pitbull in Mumbai, which is a metropolitan city, can cost you 45,000 INR to 80,000 INR depending upon the breeder, quality of dog, coat, color and health.
- PRICE IN DELHI – The average price of American Pitbull in Delhi starts from 40,000 INR to 75,000 INR. If you are planning to adopt from a breeder in Delhi but you live in another state, then expect the price to be higher. As out of state adoptions cost more than in state adoptions.
- PRICE IN LUCKNOW – The price of American Pitbull in Lucknow is around 50,000 INR to 70,000 INR. Expect the price to be more if the breeder and the previous puppies of the litter you’re adopting from has a KCI certification.
- PRICE IN KOLKATA – In Kolkata, another metropolitan city, the price of an American Pitbull starts from 45,000 INR to 80,000 INR. You have the option to choose from a variety of colors but keep it in mind that the price changes with every different color.
- PRICE IN JAIPUR – Price range for American Pitbull in Jaipur starts from 50,000 INR to 78,000 INR. A little advice, if you’re adopting puppies make sure to adopt from reputable breeders. Try to avoid pet mills as the quality of their puppies is somewhat compromised.
- PRICE IN KERALA – It is quite often seen that the price for puppy adoption seems to be more in Kerala than in other states and cities. Therefore expecting a price slip of 55,000 INR to 76,500 INR might not be too much.
- PRICE IN PUNJAB – Punjab, because of having a hot and arid climate, charges more for breeds that are better suitable for temperate to colder regions. This is because of their maintenance expenses. So the price of American Pitbull in Punjab might range from 47,000 INR to 75,000 INR,
- PRICE IN CHANDIGARH – The price range for American Pitbull in Chandigarh starts from 50,000 INR and can go upto 80,000 INR. Although there are chances of a hike or drop in price rates depending on the demand and supple rate.
- PRICE IN BANGALORE – Price of American Pitbull can start from 40,000 INR to 80,000 INR in Bangalore. The weather of Bangalore might not be suitable enough for your Pitbull which can mean an additional number of expenses coming at you. Be ready!
- PRICE IN HYDERABAD – Price of American Pitbull in Hyderabad range from 45,000 INR to 72,000 INR. Make sure to negotiate if necessary and also let the breeder be aware of your budget beforehand. This will make the adoption process a lot more smoother.
However this is not the fixed price as they are susceptible to change depending on a lot of factors. Let’s discuss them one by one.
QUALITY – The first factor that determines the price of your American Pitbull is their quality. Quality of your pup is something that should always be checked when you are adopting them. A better quality American Pitbull will not only come with physical or visual advantages but also with a number of health benefits. If your American Pitbull is from a litter whose previous dogs were involved in some kind of National level dog competition then naturally expect the price of that dog to be more compared to the rest in the batch. KCI registered dogs cost significantly more than basic dogs. The most expensive American Pitbull is of the show quality. Showbiz seeks perfection and therefore those perfectly moduled Bullies cost a lot more than simple pet quality American Bullies.
LOCATION – Location is a vital factor that influences the price of dogs all over the world and not just in India. The presence of a large number of states in India is the main reason behind the difference in prices in different cities of India. The cost of adopting an American Pitbull from an out of state breeder also starts to add up. Therefore, location and geographical differences is one of the four main reasons behind the difference of prices of American Pitbull in different cities of India.
BREEDER– Reputation of the breeder will help you get a better quality American Pitbull for yourself. Always make sure to adopt your pup directly from the breeders. Avoid dog mills at all costs. Contacting a broker might be a good idea as they can help you compare prices between various breeders. This way you will have the best deal. You can negotiate if necessity arises. It is advised to tell your budget to the breeder beforehand. However do not buy your American Pitbull from brokers
AGE, FUR, COAT, COLOR – Age also acts as a factor responsible for determining the price of American Bullies. The price can even fluctuate depending on the quality of their fur and coat. Different colors may cost different as well.
Always try to adopt your puppies from legal, legit and reputable breeders. They may cost more than the regular breeders but their knowledge on the subject and the quality of their pups is far superior than the other breeders.So it will not be a bad investment since there’s no return policy once you adopt a dog.
DOG FOOD EXPENSES FOR PITBULLS
Dog food will be your most recurring expense and the highest for the month as well. Good dog food will charge you around 10,000 INR to 15,500 INR.
As the hot and humid climatic condition of India is not really suitable for this breed of dog, they need intensive care and attention to make sure they do not suffer severe health problems.
Regular vet check-ups will cost you around 12,000 INR to 17,000 INR. Vaccines cost around 2,500 INR to 4,000 INR.Deworming is very important for all types of dogs and must never be skipped. Expect a bill of around 200 INR to 500 INR for deworming medicines.
NEUTERING AND SPAYING EXPENSES
Even though you will be stopping them from reproducing and the process itself is very painful, you will also be protecting them from several diseases like heart problems and even cancer. In India, neutering charges range from 10,000 INR to 15,000 INR. Keep in mind that price differences may be noticed when you compare among other states.
GROOMING AND MAINTENANCE EXPENSES
It’s important to keep the shiny fur of your Pitbull intact but as they do not tend to shed as much as other dogs, you will be saving up quite a lot on the hair care products. Expect the skin and hair care bills of your dog to be around 1,000 INR to 2,500 INR on average per month.Grooming charges at any dog parlor ranges from 4,500 INR to 5,000 INR.
Their growing teeth will need chewing toys and balls to pay with. Don’t forget about clothes now!
Apart from these, you will also need a bed and kennel, bowls for food and water, high quality leash and chain and so on. Therefore, expecting an accessory cost of about 3,500 INR might not be much.
Pitbulls have a tendency to get aggressive when seeing strangers and people they can sense danger from. Therefore it is very important that they get along well with their trainers. In India, trainers charge 10,000 INR to 20,000 INR approximately, each month. Once again, changing states and cities will cause a fluctuation in price.
INSURANCE POLICIES AVAILABLE FOR AMERICAN PITBULLS IN INDIA
It is advised to get pet insurance for your Pitbull as they have a tendency to get aggressive around strangers and even bite them at occasions. Hence why a pet insurance for your Pitbull might help in covering legal expenses in such unfortunate cases. Pawtechindia.com will cost you 6,000 INR to 9,000 INR. Make sure to get theft cover as well.
Make sure to take care of your Pitbull and do not forget to spend time with them. They need human company as well.
Every pet deserves to be treated right and taken care of by their owners. Give a little to your pet, they will return it by ten folds. That is how their love works after all!