If you’re fond of big dogs that are active and friendly and can also be used as a guard then you’re at the right place. Today our focus of discussion is Dogo Argentino.
It is a big, white, muscular breed of dog bred in Argentina (shows us where they got their name from). It was mainly developed in Argentina for big game hunting like wild boars. Appearance wise they are big and built. Dogo Argentinos are mostly white in color with barely any marking on their body. Their coat is short and any type of marking on their coat is considered to be a flaw. It is very similar to the American Bulldog, but with a shorter coat and taller height. Dogos are famously used as hunting dogs, dogs conducting search and rescue, police assistants, service dogs and even guide dogs. They are very well behaved and are at their best when trained since early puppyhood. They exhibit friendly behavior and are the happiest when around family. They are even good with kids. However your toddlers might get knocked over by Dogos huge body but that is literally the only problem they have with kids. Otherwise Dogo Argentino is very gentle with kids.
All the above mentioned points help strengthen the fact that Dogo Argentinos come with a lot of benefits. But like every other pet on this planet, nothing comes with only pros. Dogo Argentinos have a lot of cons attached to them like their stubborn behavior, frequent fits of boredom causing them to chew on stuff and so on. The purpose of our article is to guide you through those pros and cons so that your parenthood can be a bit more enjoyable and a little less frustrating and hectic. Soon we will be covering topics like price of Dogo Argentinos in India, dog food and grooming and expenses, vet and vaccine costs and a lot more so hang on tight!
|LIFE SPAN||10 to 15 years|
|LITTER SIZE||6 to 8 puppies|
|TEMPERAMENT||Fearless, friendly, intelligent, loyal etc|
|HEIGHT||60cm to 68cm for males and 60cm to 65cm for females.|
|WEIGHT||40kg to 45kg for males and 35kg to 40kg for females.|
|Dogo Argentino Price In India||50,000 to 80,000 INR|
Table of Contents
PRICE OF DOGO ARGENTINOS IN INDIA
Let’s take a look at the following price list of Dogo Argentinos charged by breeders in different cities of India.
PRICE CHART OF DOGO ARGENTINOS IN DIFFERENT CITIES OF INDIA
|CITY||PRICE OF BREED (₹)|
|MUMBAI||55,000 - 65,000|
|DELHI||52,000 - 63,000|
|CHENNAI||51,000 - 65,000|
|KOLKATA||50,000 - 65,000|
|JAIPUR||55,000 - 66,000|
|KERALA||50,000 - 60,000|
|TAMILNADU||57,000 - 75,000|
|PUNE||68,500 - 75,000|
|BANGALORE||52,000 - 60,000|
|HYDERABAD||58,500 - 75,000|
- PRICE IN MUMBAI – Male Dogo Argentinos are more expensive than the female ones and can cost you 55,000 INR to 65,000 INR. Females cost less and are around 50,000 INR to 60,000 INR.
- PRICE IN DELHI – The average price of male Dogo Argentinos in Delhi starts from 52,000 INR to 63,000 INR. Female Dogo Argentinos cost even less and are around 50,000 INR to 60,000 INR.
- PRICE IN CHENNAI – Male Dogo Argentinos cost around 51,000 INR to 65,000 INR, making the females cost around 47,000 INR to 56,000 INR.
- PRICE IN KOLKATA – The price of male Dogo Argentinos in Kolkata starts from 50,000 INR to 65,000 INR. For females, it is around 45,000 INR to 50,000 INR.
- PRICE IN JAIPUR – Price range for male Dogo Argentinos in Jaipur starts from 55,500 INR to 66,000 INR making the females cost around 47,000 INR to 60,000 INR.
- PRICE IN KERALA – Male Dogo Argentinos cost around 50,000 INR to 60,000 INR. Female Dogo Argentinos cost around 42,000 INR to 50,000 INR.
- PRICE IN TAMILNADU – Male Dogo Argentinos will cost you 57,000 INR to 75,000 INR, whereas female Dogo Argentinos will cost you 43,000 INR to 60,000 INR.
- PRICE IN PUNE – The price range for male Dogo Argentinos in Pune starts from 68,500 INR and can go upto 75,000 INR. For females it can start from 52,000 INR and can reach upto 60,000 INR.
- PRICE IN BANGALORE – Price of male Dogo Argentinos can start from 52,000 INR to 60,000 INR. For females it ranges from 46,000 INR to 57,000 INR.
- PRICE IN HYDERABAD – Price of male Dogo Argentinos range from 58,500 INR to 75,000 INR. For females it starts from 50,000 INR to 61,000 INR.
DOGO ARGENTINO PUPPY PRICE IN INDIA
The price of Dogo Argentino puppies in India starts from 50,000 INR and reaches 80,000 INR, depending on the factors we have previously discussed.
DOG FOOD EXPENSES FOR DOGO ARGENTINOS
Dogo Argentinos are strong canines, and exhibit extremely loyal behavior. As they are not native to India, the hot and humid weather of India might cause them to suffer from some health issues one of them being Fold Dermatitis and pigment related deafness.
Good dog food will charge you around 10,000 INR to 15,500 INR.
As the hot and humid climatic condition of India is not really suitable for this breed of dog, they need intensive care and attention to make sure they do not suffer severe health problems.
Regular vet check-ups will cost you around 12,000 INR to 17,000 INR.Vaccines cost around 2,500 INR to 4,000 INR. Expect a bill of around 200 INR to 500 INR for deworming medicines.
NEUTERING AND SPAYING EXPENSES
Neutering is important for Dogo Argentinos and is hugely recommended by professional breeders too as it comes with several health advantages.In India, neutering charges range from 10,000 INR to 15,000 INR. Keep in mind that price differences may be noticed when you compare among other states.
GROOMING AND MAINTENANCE EXPENSES
As this breed of dog is not furry like others, congratulations Dogo Argentino owners, you’re saving up on the grooming charges a little bit. Although keep in mind that the speciality of Dogo Argentino lies in their beautiful white fur.
Investing 4,000 INR to 7,000 INR will ensure your pooch has a shiny healthy coat with exotic white fur.
Be prepared to spend a good amount on toys, expensive belts, comfortable leashes, high-quality chains, bed and kennel and most importantly food and water bowls.
They are highly active dogs and very fit. Taking them out on walks and making them participate in weekly fitness activities will not only prevent bloating but also help them maintain their active nature.
In India, trainers charge 10,000 INR to 20,000 INR approximately, each month. Once again, changing states and cities will cause a fluctuation in price.
INSURANCE PLANS FOR DOGO ARGENTINOS IN INDIA
Being a dog that may end up making you spend at least 1.5 lac to 2 lac annually for themselves, it’s better to consider pet insurance. Getting pet insurance for your Dog Argentinoas they have a tendency to get aggressive around strangers and even bite them at occasions. Hence why a pet insurance for your Dog Argentino might help in covering legal expenses in such unfortunate cases. Pawtechindia.com will cost you 6,000 INR to 9,000 INR. Make sure to get theft cover as well.
Dogs hold the capability to be great companions and their loyal nature will ensure that they will stay with you until they leave permanently.But the love your dog gives you, it’s important to give that love back to them as well. Dogs need to feel love and affection as well. They need pats and work better when they’re given treats.
In order to be a good pet parent, you need to understand the needs as well as identify the places where your Dogo Argentino lacks. Even though India is not a suitable country for them, the hot and humid weather, not working for a dog who is meant for surviving in the Arctic, enough love and care can make even such dogs live a happy and healthy life.
At the end of the day, it all depends on you, the owner, as well as your Dogo Argentino equally.