Wolf Dog as a name, is a hybrid of a domestic dog and a wolf. You cannot disagree that a hybrid dog makes a good pet. Wolf dogs have many features, and their characteristics define them to their best. One of the strongest and most clever creatures is the wolf-dog. Their personality is very friendly. One can easily train the wolf dogs.
The similarity between both is that wolves and dogs both come under the same category of fertility that is interfertile. Interfertile implies genetically close enough to breed together. Wolves tend to be very aggressive and dangerous to self-mate with a dog, so it is done with someone. Siberian husky, saarloos wolf-dog, American Inuit dog are a few examples of wolf-dogs.
Wolf dogs are so huge even in some cases, wolf dogs are prone to be bigger than their parents. Talking about their health, they are naturally considered healthy pets. And also, they are not at all dangerous. As belonging to a variety of breeds, these wonderful creatures have different diets, behaviors, characteristics, and lifestyles. Yet numerous reasons make a wolf-dog different from other dogs. Let’s talk about the wolf-dog price in India.
|ORIGIN||Northern Eurasia in 1932|
|LIFE SPAN||12-18 years|
|LITTER SIZE||4-6 puppies|
|COAT||Thick coat with straight and long hair|
|COLOUR||White, Black, Grey, Red|
|TEMPERAMENT||Friendly, intelligent, shy, loyal, etc|
|HEIGHT||50cm to 58cm for males and 50cm to 55cm|
|WEIGHT||20kg to 27kg for males and 15kg to 22kg for females|
|WOLF DOG PRICE IN INDIA||40,000 to 60,000 INR|
Table of Contents
PRICE OF WOLF DOG IN INDIA
Let’s take a glance at the following list of wolf-dogs in different cities in India.
|CITY||PRICE OF WOLFDOG|
- PRICE IN MUMBAI- A wolf-dog costs about 45,000-55,000 INR for both males and females in Mumbai.
- PRICE IN DELHI- Price ranges from 60,000-70,000 INR for males and females it is from 45,000-50,000 INR in Delhi.
- PRICE IN KOLKATA- Male wolf-dogs cost about 40,000-55,000 INR. And for female wolf-dogs, it costs 50,000-55,000 INR in Kolkata.
- PRICE IN KERALA- It costs around 35,000-45,000 INR for males and 38,000-40,000 INR for females in Kerala.
- PRICE IN RAJASTHAN- The average range of wolf-dog in Rajasthan is approx 50,000-65,000 INR for males. For females, it costs about 45,000- 55,000 INR.
- PRICE IN UTTAR PRADESH- Male wolf-dogs cost in UP about 61,000-65,000 INR. For females, it costs about 45,000-50,000 INR.
- PRICE IN MADHYA PRADESH- The cost of wolf-dog in Madhya Pradesh for males is 70,000-75,000 INR. And for females, the price is 40,000-45,000 INR.
- PRICE IN CHENNAI- Wolf-dogs cost in Chennai for males is about 12,000-25,000 INR. For females, it is 35,000-40,000 INR.
- PRICE IN GUJARAT- It costs males in Gujarat starting from 65,000-70,000 INR. For female wolf-dogs, it costs around 60,000-70,000 INR.
- PRICE IN HIMACHAL PRADESH- It costs about 60,000-65,000 INR in Himachal Pradesh for males. And for females, it costs around 61,000-65,000 INR.
Although, these aren’t the fixed price of the wolf-dogs, as they keep on changing from year to year.
When planning to buy a dog what better thing to prioritize other than the quality of the dog? So one must pay attention to the kind of dogs the dealer is selling you. A better quality dog will eventually be more healthy and better. Also, the wolf dog is a combination of a wolf and a dog, making it more different from normal dogs.
Perks of Having a Wolf Dog
Wondering whether a wolf-dog will be a friendly pet to you or not can be concerning. At the same time, it is also fascinating. A wolf-dog will be more than a friend like a companion. Wolf-dogs do not generally behave like normal ones. Their maintenance is extremely high. Wolfdogs are very courageous. Alertness in them is also very staggering.
Wolf dogs can be diligent guards in your home. However, it is a little hurdle for a wolf-dog because of its wild nature of adaptation from a wolf. Often their behavior tends to be unexpecting because wolf-dogs are unpredictable. These are complete non-working dogs. Roaming in a large area is how they spend their energy.
Cons of Having a Wolf Dog
Every dog has some pros and some cons. Similarly, the wolf-dog also has a few cons. They need training at a very young age. Wolf dogs are not someone who would like to be indoors, they are the ones who like exercise. No wolf-dog should be limited to only indoors. They need to socialize outside too. They have a habit of digging things when alone.
Wolf dogs are very much prone to diseases. Also, they cannot be vaccinated for rabies so the risk is also there. Other health problems include heartworm which is a serious cause, joint problems, injuries, etc. A bigger shelter is what they demand because they require plenty of space and a fence of at least 8 feet long. After all, they jump high.
If you are suitable with the wolf-dog you should go for it but only after proper research. Wolf dogs are demanding more than a usual dog. They may behave aggressively sometimes if not trained well. But once you learn and know your pet it will be much easier for both the pet and the owner. These dogs are not legal in every 50 states.
Wolf Dogs Diet
Wolf dogs do not eat what a typical dog eats. Their diet is detailedly different. Raw meat is something that they want to eat daily. In addition, they require some fresh grasses, veggies, and fruits. Yes, they do eat veggies. A diet rich in vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin E is a requirement of a wolf-dog.
Cooked meats and pork are not ideal for wolf dogs. They can eat bones easily. Bones are considered healthy for wolf dogs. A handful of pounds of raw chicken per day is also recommended. And of course, plenty of freshwaters is all they need.
Interaction With Strangers
It might be concerning as well whether it is safe to introduce your wolf-dog to others. As they are hybrid dogs still a wolf is a wild animal that is some or the other way dangerous. But it’s their choice of interacting with strangers. You cannot force your pet to be friendly with others. Slowly and steadily they will become friendly to others as well.
Maturation of a Wolf Dog
The hybrid dogs take a little longer to mature than other dogs. Talking about the size they grow fastly. Until they attain the age of 3-4 years, they behave like puppies. They need training specifically. After 8 weeks old, this is the time when one needs to disclose them to frightening stimulation. With proper guidance, they will grow properly.
Wolf dog owners can train their dogs at home with general things like bikes, cars, vacuum cleaners, etc to help them get free from such fearful situations. Exposing your wolf-dog pups to something loud and big is going to make them aware in many ways. These kinds of things also prepare them for any frightful situation. And it is best to train them from a puppy rather than waiting till a full-grown dog.
Wolf dogs are not a pleaser to their trainers, because it involves enormous challenges. Training them from an early age is best. Not getting proper training might lead to aggressive behavior like biting. Kids should be aware and maintain distance from wolf dogs. It is best suitable for owners who do not have kids at home.
Wolf dogs own thick fur with straight hair that starts shedding in springs. They tend to shed lots of hair in clumps. This is normal because in summers they also need to keep themselves cool. So grooming becomes necessary for wolf dogs. One must take proper care of grooming. Grooming of a wolf-dog is undoubtedly expensive.
Wolf Dog Breeds
There are so many hybrid dogs and one of them is a wolf-dog. We will be discussing some of the wolf dogs that are close to wolves. These are the few examples of wolf-dog breeds.
- Siberian Husky is the first and the foremost name that pops out when talking about a wolf-dog. Huskies are one of the most popular choices among owning a wolf-dog. They look so enchanting with wolf-like similarity. They can jump quite a long height, so their fences should be a little spacious and long. Running is also their favorite exercise along with roaming they also like running.
- Northern Inuit Dog is a breed of german shepherd, husky, and malamute combination. Although, it is not yet official in many areas and hence, did not get much recognition. These beauties are aware of the strangers. They easily recognize self and non-self people.
- Saarloos Wolfdog is the one that is closely related to wolves in representations of DNA. It shows its behavior mixed with a german shepherd and a wolf. This is best for people who want to adopt an adult one. Its personality is like a wolf.
- Akita came from Japan. Akita’s females weigh less than that males. Males are quite large and heavy. Akitas are a symbol of long, happy, and healthy lives.
- Tamaskan is known for its loyalty and a great companion being a friendly dog. Personality is totally like a wolf, in look-wise, it resembles the traditional wolf. They possess double coats and hence require lots of grooming. These breeds also shed a lot. They are also attention seekers because of the separation anxiety nature which means the owner should not be away from the pet for too long.
- Pomsky is a small furry friend. They are the utmost cute, happy puppy, a very attractive breed. They do not grow much, weighing only up to 35-40 pounds. Pomsky is a cross between a husky and a pomeranian. They possess both the qualities of dogs. Corresponding to mini wolves, they vary from their ancestors.
- Native American Indian Dogs belong to the US. These are the working dogs, used in rescue, hunting, searching, etc. Because of this nature, they need lots of exercises. With the strong look of athletes, their personality looks different.
- Czechoslovakian Wolfdog is approved by none other than the American Kennel Club. Its size is in the medium of a normal dog. It is famous for its sharp eyesight. Its personality reflects a wolf in it. But, this pet is not suitable for a home with kids.
Wolf dogs are quite complicated. Because of obvious reasons that it is a combination of a wolf and a dog. Many people give up on adopting a hybrid dog because of lots of myths they hear. A hybrid dog may not be very easy to adopt but if you give what your wolfy dog needs, it becomes so easy and approachable.
One should know about the requirements and habits of a wolf-dog before taking any step. The bottom line is, every creature needs comfort, freedom, understanding, and care. Anyone can adopt any type of dog of any breed if they give what their dog needs. Checking on your dog is very important. Regular health check-ups with the vet are essential.
Wolf dogs cannot be vaccinated for rabies. Yet there is no known vaccine for rabies yet made. They are someone who seeks space, they need plenty of space to live. Also, they are quite shy. Like wolves, they possess a tendency to howl. With time you will get used to them and their behavior. In the end, a wolf-dog does make a good pet.